Saturday 15 March 2008

New found hobby

It's BAKING!

Back home, i had all the baking equipment necessary to bake, but I hardly had the chance to use them, and those few times I did, they turned up horrible - too hard, or uncooked, so i sort of gave up, thought that i simply lack the talent to bake anything.

This has changed since 2 weeks ago. many mums have inspired me greatly - they can really bake! From traditional cheese cakes to chocolates, muffins, buns, pies and quiches, you name it, they have it. So, I decided to try it out again, and perhaps I have a bit of beginning's luck, I did it.

My recipes are derived from Super baby food by Ruth Yaron. I have been following it consistently for Nathan's first yr for food, and now, pleasing a toddler's taste buds can be ever more challenging.

To date, I've tried butter biscuits, flap jacks (euivalent of muesli bars), pineapple muffins, peanut butter muffins and fruit pie.

There are plenty of opportunities to try out new recipes because of the many little parties we have at our place and around every other week.

Tomorrow, we have another farewell tea party at our place for a Japanese family. So, I'll be trying oatmeal cookies and carrot cake. Looking forward to it.

What has LC got to say about this new hobby?? He has every good thing to say - glad you have found a new feminine side of yourself. Hmm ...

The best part about baking is I find it very theruputic. Plus, nathan enjoys them, and my very friendly friends.